WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server. The cookie does not harm your device and stores information about you which it will send to the website server.
The cookie is set either for the duration of your visit (using a 'session cookie') or for repeat visits (using a 'persistent cookie'). Cookies make the interaction between you and the website faster and easier.
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting ('first party cookies') or they may be set by other websites or services ('third-party cookies').
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these help the function of the website and help you navigate around the Website.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies remember choices users make and improve a user’s experience of the Website.
- Performance cookies – these cookies monitor user behaviour on our Website to help us improve our Website.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies collect information about browsing habits in order to deliver personalised online advertising.
- For marketing purposes for example, to serve personalised email content to our mailing list
- To enable the website to ‘remember’ you so your interaction with the website is faster and easier
- To monitor the pages you visit on the website, so we can analyse and improve the website and your customer journey.
- By using the website www.greenlightdigital.com you consent to us placing cookies on your computer.
HOW CAN I CONTROL COOKIES?
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
COOKIES USED BY THIS WEBSITE
The following first party cookies are set by us:
Site acceptance cookie
The following third-party cookies are set by other services:
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google